Mould Remediation Sydney
Mould reproduces by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mould may begin growing indoors when mould spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mould, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
HOW MOULD CAN AFFECT YOUR HEALTH
Moulds have the potential to cause health problems. Moulds produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould or mould spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive people. Allergic reactions to mould are common. They can be immediate or delayed.
Moulds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mould. In addition, mould exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mould-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mould.
MOISTURE AND MOULD PREVENTION AND CONTROL TIPS
– When water leaks or spills occur indoors – ACT QUICKLY. If wet or damp materials or areas are dried 24-48 hours after a leak or spill happens, in most cases mould will not grow.
– Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
– Make sure the ground slopes away from the building foundation, so that water does not enter or collect around the foundation.
– Keep air conditioning drip pans clean and the drain lines unobstructed and flowing properly.
– Keep indoor humidity low. If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity.
– If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes ACT QUICKLY to dry the wet surface and reduce the Moisture/water source. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.
Why not ask about our other friendly services we have to offer! When you choose Spot On Carpet Cleaning you can rest assure you are in good hands all our products are safe and non-toxic. We are fully insured and certified. We cover all of Sydney and Metropolitan areas.
When stains occur, dilute with water. Do not soak the area. Work quickly & do not allow stains to set. Blot from the edge of the spill towards the centre using a clean white cloth or towel. Avoid as much as possible rubbing the area or pushing the stain further into the pile. For semi-solid or solid spills use a spoon to scoop up as much as possible. Allow to air dry or dry with a fan or hair dryer. Avoid excess heat if a hair dryer is used. Once the area is dry, brush lightly with a brush to restore texture.
You never know when a spill will occur. To expedite the clean-up please consider keeping the following items in a small kit for this purpose:
– Clean white cloth
– A soft bristle brush, like a clothes brush
– Mild detergent, it must not contain bleach or alkaline
– White vinegar
– Dry cleaning fluid
– Weak ammonia
– Clean sponge
Your best chance for removing a stain is to act quickly as possible after the spot is made. The longer a spot sits on your carpet or upholstery, the harder it becomes to remove. While most stains can be removed, some require advanced technical skill and expert cleaning solutions. Spot On carpet cleaning leads the industry in products and solutions, helping you win the battle against tough stains.
Why not ask about our other friendly services we have to offer!
When you choose Spot On Carpet Services you can rest assure you are in good hands all our products are safe and non-toxic.
We are fully insured and certified. We cover all of Sydney and Metropolitan areas.